Summer and sunburn used to go hand in hand. Not anymore! The cancer councils slip, slop, slap campaign message in Australia has proven to be effective with melanoma rates plummeting in the past 20 years. More recently the cancer council have added seek (shade) and slide (on sunglasses) to slipping (on the shirt) and slapping (on the hat).
Shade is not easy to find on Australian beaches, so need to adapt to the unique environment in which we live. FORSUNPLAY beach tents will provide you with shade and stop you from getting sunburnt, when used in conjunction with your other sun protection essentials. The beach tents provide the shade you are ‘seeking’. Build your own tropical oasis in seconds. Our beach tents have been certified 50+ SPF. Look great and stay safe with our beach tents.
All types of sunburn, whether serious or mild, can cause permanent and irreversible skin damage. This could lay the groundwork for skin cancers to develop. Further sunburn only increases your risk of skin cancer. Over 2,000 Australians die from skin cancer each year.
- Sunburn can occur in less than 15 minutes and, depending on the severity, can take a few days or weeks to heal.
- There is no cure for the symptoms of sunburn except time and patience.
- Mild sunburn can be treated at home, but severe and blistered sunburn needs prompt medical attention.
- Excessive exposure to UV damages the skin permanently and may cause skin cancer, including dangerous malignant melanoma.
- Each time you expose your skin to UV radiation, you increase your risk of developing skin cancer.
With these facts in mind, and the long hot Australian summer only months away, the need to protect yourself and your family against the relentless Australian sun is paramount. Avoid the burn and slip, slop, slap, seek and slide this summer.
Learn more about our beach tents online.